Thank you for your support.

If elected, I will be the first Asian American -- a Filipina -- to serve on El Monte's City Council. I ask humbly for your vote on November 8.

Please read my postings below about my busy days campaigning for City Council, wrangling my Ally, working full-time, and running a household.

Please donate to the Verna de los Reyes for City Council 2011 campaign.


PayPal

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Go ahead, make my week.

Last week, the campaign sign fairy was so busy driving all over El Monte. The Verna de los Reyes for City Council signs popped up in the middle of the night all over El Monte, while the city slept. And, my campaign signs even survived the mini-Southern California storm last Wednesday.

I also had another busy week juggling funerals, politics, family obligations, and work.

On Sunday, I met Hilda Solis, the United States Secretary of Labor. As a resident of El Monte, she came to our campaign headquarters to give a few words of encouragement. She told me, "I know what you're going through. I spent many hours in this room putting together literature and signs when I first started."

Then, Hilda Solis, who is 7th in line for the presidency of the United States, patted me in the back and said, "You're doing a good job."

That made my week.

No comments:

Post a Comment